Vaulting is an exciting and creative sport that combines dance and gymnastics on a moving horse. In addition to having a lot of fun, vaulters develop coordination, balance, strength, and creativity while working in harmony with the horse.
The American Vaulting Association began in 1968 with a mission to build and promote equestrian vaulting in the United States. Today, the sport has grown to more than 141 AVA vaulting clubs and affiliates and more than 1,200 members throughout the United States and Canada.
Whether you are a vaulter, parent, volunteer, coach, or are just interested in vaulting, joining the AVA will add a whole new dimension of enjoyment to your life through what you can learn about vaulting, and the new long-term friendships you will make by participating in AVA activities.
AVA Membership benefits:
- AVA Members enjoy the camaraderie of other vaulting enthusiasts!
- A Members-Only section of the AVA website provides a wealth of cutting-edge vaulting information not available to non-members
- Past Vaulting World and our new Equestrian Vaulting Magazine contain information for every level vaulter, parent, volunteer, coach, and anyone interested in vaulting. These publications can be accessed on the Members-Only section of the AVA website.
- AVA Board minutes and AVA blasts keep members updated on current and future AVA activities.
- AVA Forums allow members to participate in the AVA online vaulting community. Our discussion groups provide members with opportunities to ask questions and learn more about Vaulting.